You are here
New program initiatives under preparation (more information Markku Leskelä):
- INNOVATIVE BIOENERGY SOLUTIONS FOR TOMORROW 30.1.2012
- Innovative bioenergy solutions of tomorrow 30.1.2012
High-level research is an essential requirement for new technology, innovations and applications, as well as emerging businesses and it plays an important role in the activities of Forestcluster Ltd. The interaction between end-users, companies and researchers creates opportunities for identifying new lines of research and research fields, and for risk-taking. All this is made possible in the research and innovation programmes that are the core of activities in Forestcluster. The programs are a viable platform for international cooperation, too.
The Board of the Directors of Forestcluster Ltd takes the decisions on launching the strategic research and innovation programs. A research committee is responsible for planning and preparing the program structures, contents and goals.
The programs are carried out in close cooperation between the companies and research organizations. They are financed by the participants and by public funding organizations, such as Tekes, the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation,the Academy of Finland and e.g. the EU framework programmes. The programs are an open platform for all companies, research institutes and universities that are able to offer high-quality expertise and competence in research and development work.
With its research and innovation programs, Finnish Forestcluster Ltd aims to create the most innovative development environment within the global forest cluster.
- Intelligent and resource-efficient production technologies (EffTech)
- Efficient Networking towards Novel Products and Processes (EffNet)
- Value through intensive and efficient fibre supply (EffFibre)
- Future Biorefinery (FuBio)
- Future Biorefinery - Products from Dissolved Cellulose (FuBio Cellulose)
- Future Biorefinery - Joint Research 2 (FuBio JR2)
- Customer solutions for the future (FoCus)